~ Guest post by Alex Lee
Is your business website mobile-friendly?
If it is – great!
But if it isn’t?
Your website could be driving visitors away to your competitors. And costing you thousands, if not millions of dollars of revenue.
Skeptical? Let me show you research that proves it.
As of January 2014, for the first time in Internet history, more people accessed the Internet through mobile devices than through desktop or laptop computers.
Not only that, research released from Google indicates that:
- 67% of smartphone users say a mobile friendly site makes them more likely to buy a company’s products or services.
- 48% said that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business.
- 52% of users said that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company.
In addition, as of April 21, 2015, Google started ranking mobile friendly websites higher than non-mobile friendly websites. And also started labeling websites that are mobile friendly on their search results.
What does this all mean for companies and businesses?
This means that if your website is not mobile friendly, you are losing precious
business because your website..
- Is increasingly hard to find on search engines (because other mobile friendly websites will rank higher)
- Is annoying people (because it’s hard to navigate on mobile devices)
- Is giving visitors the impression that you don’t care about your business
So what can you do to fix this?
Practical Fix #1: The best thing you can do is hire a web developer to make your website mobile “responsive.”
This may mean anything from a website theme change to completely remaking your website from scratch. Consult your web developer for the best method to make your website mobile responsive.
But what if you don’t have the budget or the technical knowledge to make a website mobile responsive? If you want a really simple fix – this next option could be the perfect fix for you.
Practical Fix #2: A second best alternative is a mobile “friendly” website.
- For general websites, give bMobilized a try. This tool takes your existing website and creates a mobile “friendly” website for you in seconds. No technical knowledge needed. All you need to pay is a small monthly fee starting at $8 a month. Not bad huh?
- For websites made through WordPress, here are 3 free plugins you can use to make your website mobile “friendly” in just minutes. No technical knowledge required.
So that’s it. Two practical fixes to help your website engage and sell more effectively. Give these solutions a try and let me know how it turns out.
If you’re curious for 5 more reasons why you’re losing sales on your website, grab my “6 Common Reasons Why Visitors Leave Your Company Website (within 8 seconds) & What You Can Do To Fix It” PDF here. This complimentary e-book will help you diagnose which problems your website has. Then, you’ll get step-by-step solutions to fix them.
About the Author: Alex Lee is a website copywriter & strategist. He works closely with small-to-medium sized companies to strategize and write websites that work. Websites that connect with visitors, showcase your company’s value, and sell without being sleazy. To learn more, check out www.marketingthatsells.net